Therapeutic Massage | Chiropractor in Poway, CA
When people think of massages, they often think of massages that are made to help people relax, or even foot massage devices or massage chairs. While these massages do have their own benefits, such as helping you unwind after a long day, they are different than therapeutic massage techniques. A therapeutic massage is one that is used to gain specific results, such as aiding in pain relief and stress reduction, or even to help injured muscles. A trained chiropractor can help provide therapeutic massages to those that are suffering from acute and chronic pain and need relief fast.
At Community Chiropractic Center, our chiropractor in Poway, CA, has ample experience treating patients using therapeutic massage and other types of therapeutic or chiropractic care techniques. We want to help our clients find ways to improve their stress levels, help alleviate their pain, and ensure they are getting the treatment they deserve from highly qualified experts! Read on below to see how our therapeutic massage techniques can help you.
What Is Therapeutic Massage?
Therapeutic massage is a type of massage that aims to help a specific ailment a person is suffering with. There are various types of therapeutic massage techniques, including:
- Trigger point therapy, where a chiropractor identifies certain parts of the body that have formed hard knots and uses pressure to break up the fibers in these knots, leading to pain relief.
- Muscle exercises and stretches, which can help improve mobility and range of motion following an accident.
- Deep tissue massages, which can help promote blood flow and circulation, helping alleviate soreness and boosting healing.
- Sports massages, which can help athletes recover from or prepare for a sporting event.
- Swedish massages, which aid in stress but also alleviating muscle tension that can be painful from the body.
How Can a Chiropractor Help Me?
Only a trained chiropractor can understand which type of therapeutic massage is beneficial for you. These types of massages need specific pressure, need to be conducted in a specific part of the body, and must have expert help in order to be effective.
In addition, not everyone can benefit from therapeutic massages. Your chiropractor will conduct a physical exam and determine if your pain and injuries can be treated using therapeutic massage techniques. They might offer other forms of therapeutic intervention, such as acupuncture, chiropractic adjustments, and more.
Get Help for Pain Today at Community Chiropractic Center
At Community Chiropractic Center in Poway, CA, we want to help our clients find the relief they deserve through therapeutic massage, chiropractic care, and high-quality customer service. Call us today to see how we can help you find relief.