What Are Custom Foot Orthotics?
Our feet are the foundation of the body. If the feet are not healthy, then your mobility is limited and the body starts compensating, which leads to spine misalignments. Healthy feet are one of the most essential components of spinal health and wellness in general. Our chiropractors at Community Chiropractic Center would like you to know how orthotics can help your feet and your body as a whole.
Foot orthotics are specially shaped insoles that are placed in your shoes designed to improve your natural foot movement. They are often needed if the poor mechanics of your feet destroy the natural balance of your body. One of the most common misconceptions about these insoles is that their only purpose is to support the ankles. In reality, they support the entire body and can help with different medical issues, including hip pain, knee pain, heel pain, back pain, and even shoulder pain.
- Rigid insoles: Their purpose is to support and control motion in two the major foot joints located below the ankle joints.
- Semirigid insoles: They are designed to provide dynamic balance to the feet during activities such as walking, running, and participating in sports.
- Soft insoles: Their purpose is to increase balance, absorb shock, and take the pressure off of sore feet.
- Children's type: Designed to treat children with foot deformities.
Signs You Need Special Insoles
- experiencing sharp heel pain
- foot is swollen
- falling over or have problems with balance
- shoes are wearing unevenly
- a high arch or flat foot
- injured your lower limb
A Chiropractor Can Help
The purpose of chiropractic care is to help patients live a healthy and pain-free life. Chiropractors often prescribe insoles along with chiropractic adjustments to help correct any serious issues and relieve pain. A chiropractor is trained to assess how specially shaped insoles may benefit the patient. Numerous studies have shown that chiropractic treatment and adjustments along with wearing insoles can reduce low back pain and knee pain while improving quality of life.
Visit Community Chiropractic Center in Poway, CA
If you are experiencing foot issues and you are considering custom orthotics, call Community Chiropractic Care today at (858) 486-1222 to schedule an appointment. Our highly experienced chiropractors have been serving patients for many years. We offer all types of chiropractic services to help our patients recover and maintain a healthy life. Call us today to learn more.