For many people, neck pain is disruptive and frustrating. By interfering with everyday activities, neck pain can lead to lower quality of life. At Community Chiropractic Center, we provide neck pain treatment for patients who suffer from a variety of conditions and different types of neck pain. Our natural, non-invasive methods help patients recover from their neck pain and overcome their injuries.
Causes and Types of Neck Pain
Some neck pain occurs only when the neck is turned, other types of neck pain can radiate up the scalp and cause headaches. Many conditions can cause neck pain. Some of the most common medical conditions that cause neck pain include:
- Whiplash. Whiplash occurs when the muscles and tendons in the neck become strained. Whiplash can cause neck pain, joint pain, headaches and more.
- Compressed nerves. Improper posture while sitting, leaning forward to view mobile devices and injuries can all cause the nerves in the neck to become compressed, leading to pain, tingling, numbness and other problems.
- Osteoarthritis. This condition occurs when the cartilage between the vertebrae of your spine begins to deteriorate. When this happens, ordinary movements will begin to cause pain in the affected areas.
- Over use. Repetitive movements can lead to muscle over use, causing neck pain.
- Poor posture. Poor posture while standing is a major cause of neck pain, just as poor posture while sitting is also a cause of neck pain. Posture screening can often pinpoint the exact problem.
- Sports injuries. Physical activities, like certain sports, can result in torn muscles and pain in the neck.
Poway Neck Pain Chiropractic Care
At Community Chiropractic Center, we use many techniques to help our patients heal and recover from their neck pain. Our primary chiropractic method for healing is spinal adjustment. By restoring balance and realigning the vertebrae of the spine, Drs. LaHood and Burdette can treat and heal areas where the spine has become pinched in between the vertebrae. Spinal adjustment is done by hand or with tools, depending on the needs of the patient. Spinal adjustment can provide immediate relief to patients experiencing neck pain. In addition to spinal adjustment, our chiropractors and massage therapists use the following techniques to treat patients:
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a technique we use to restore blood flow to injured areas of the body and loosen tight muscles. For patients experiencing stiffness in the neck, massage therapy can also restore mobility and increase range of motion. Finally, massage therapy can help patients who experience frequent headaches by decreasing muscle tension.
- Lifestyle advice. Often patient behaviors are responsible for the pain that they feel in the neck. We give lifestyle advice to patients to help them avoid these problems in the future.
- Stretches and exercises. Our chiropractors teach our patients how to perform stretches and exercises that can increase mobility, reduce tension and loosen the muscles. We teach our patients how to do stretches and exercises at home, so they can continue to work on their healing while not in the clinic.
- Spinal decompression. Spinal decompression is a non-invasive method that we use to create negative pressure around damaged parts of the spine. Spinal decompression can help problems like bulging and herniated discs. To fix this problem, spinal decompression pops the vertebrae back into the proper position.
Contact Community Chiropractic Center for Neck Pain Management
Waiting to get treatment can lead to permanent damage, so contact Community Chiropractic Center today. Our natural, non-invasive techniques help our patients find healing without surgical procedures and without addictive medications. Our chiropractors Dr. Burdette and Dr. LaHood both have experience treating patients suffering from musculoskeletal conditions, injuries and more.
No one should have to live with neck pain. Contact Community Chiropractic Center for an appointment today, and our skilled professionals will help you recover. Call us today at 858-486-1222.